City of Bellingham – Virtual Challenges
Event Organization: City of Bellingham – Parks and Recreation
Bellingham Challenge – October 1st – October 31st
Description: Maintain fall fitness by setting and reaching monthly goals.
Set a goal to complete a marathon distance over 31 days, a 5K every Saturday morning or log 100 total miles.
Choose from a variety of activities including:
– Outrigger Canoe
– Ruck (>150 lbs. 20#, 150+ lbs. carry 30#)
– Skate (inline or quad)
– SUP (stand up paddle)
– Surfski (high performance kayak)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
– Only $10! Includes surprise swag.
DID WE MISS AN ACTIVITY?
– Send new suggestions to Lance Romo at Lromo@cob.org.
The Super Duper Distance Challenge – Completed
Description: Can you run a marathon, how about 100 miles? Complete a marathon or more 1 mile at a time, 1 day at a time. Log and submit your times & distances weekly. Compete with friends, challenge yourself or just enjoy a regular walk/run with family. Courses and run times are at your discretion. Categories include 5-year age groups, Athena, Clydesdale, stroller, double stroller, etc. Participants will receive a shirt and a medal (must register by July 19).
Dates: July 1st- September 7th
The Padden Challenge – Completed
Description: Measure your fitness measuring your Lake Padden lap time (2.6 miles). Start/finish at any point on the main path around Lake Padden at any time the park is open. Submit your time weekly to track your progress or just to keep yourself motivated. Participants will receive a shirt and a medal (must register by July 19).
Dates: July 1st, 2020 – September 7th, 2020
FAQ’s – for both COB Virtual Challenges
HOW DO I MEASURE MY TIME?
– Use a fitness tracker.
– Use a phone app. There are a variety of free and paid and paid apps including Strava, Run Keeper and even something called Zombies, Run!
– Most any watch will work, though some will provide a greater degree of accuracy.
CAN I ENTER MULTIPLE CATEGORIES?
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
– 2 year age groups up to 18.
– 5 year age groups 18 & older
– Athena (female 160#)
– Clydesdale (male 200#)
– Double stroller
– Ruck (< 150 lbs. 20#, 150 or greater 30#)