Maximum points available (before multipliers) for each race will be based on the number of teams racing. Winner of a race with 100+ teams (Across all eligible distances) will receive 2500 points. See chart for maximum points available based on # of teams less than 100.
|Number of Teams||Points Available|
A multiplier based on average finish time will be applied to all races to account for the relative “difficulty” of each race. The maximum multiplier will be 1.5x for races that have an average finish time of 6+ hours.
|Average Time (hours)||Multiplier|
Points are based on your time in relationship to the winning time. This means that teams finishing very close together will get very similar points.
- All teams that finish an eligible race will get ranking points.
- The 4 ÖTILLÖ merit races will have a 10% point bonus. These points will be reflected in the rankings.
- Points will be awarded for all SwimRun events in the US, for all distances and categories with a minimum distance of 12 Kilometers.
- Solo racers will be awarded points that will be used for the solo rankings only. (Can not be applied to team rankings.)
- Each racer and each team will be assigned a ranking id. A team can designate a team captain. That team will accrue points as long as the team captain is racing regardless of teammate. If a team does not designate a captain, we will assign the captain (at the end of the year) based on the team member who raced the most in eligible events. We will award team ranking points accordingly.
- The ranking points are awarded independent of divisions/categories and therefore gender neutral.
- At the end of the year, leaders of each category will be recognized.