City of Bellingham – Virtual Challenges
Event Organization: City of Bellingham – Parks and Recreation
The Super Duper Distance Challenge
Description: Can you run a marathon, how about 100 miles? Complete a marathon or more 1 mile at a time, 1 day at a time. Log and submit your times & distances weekly. Compete with friends, challenge yourself or just enjoy a regular walk/run with family. Courses and run times are at your discretion. Categories include 5-year age groups, Athena, Clydesdale, stroller, double stroller, etc. Participants will receive a shirt and a medal (must register by July 19).
Dates: July 1st- September 7th
The Padden Challenge
Description: Measure your fitness measuring your Lake Padden lap time (2.6 miles). Start/finish at any point on the main path around Lake Padden at any time the park is open. Submit your time weekly to track your progress or just to keep yourself motivated. Participants will receive a shirt and a medal (must register by July 19).
Dates: July 1st, 2020 – September 7th, 2020
FAQ’s – for both COB Virtual Challenges
HOW DO I MEASURE MY TIME?
– Use a fitness tracker.
– Use a phone app. There are a variety of free and paid and paid apps including Strava, Run Keeper and even something called Zombies, Run!
– Most any watch will work, though some will provide a greater degree of accuracy.
CAN I ENTER MULTIPLE CATEGORIES?
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES?
– 2 year age groups up to 18.
– 5 year age groups 18 & older
– Athena (female 160#)
– Clydesdale (male 200#)
– Double stroller
– Ruck (< 150 lbs. 20#, 150 or greater 30#)
WHEN CAN I START ACCUMULATING MILES?
– Miles can be accumulated at any time between July 1 and September 7. September 9 is the last day to submit times/distances.